Polar and Strava have partnered to bring Strava Live Segments to select Polar devices
- Polar M460, V650 or V800
- Polar Flow web service or app
- Strava Summit
- Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities
Linking your accounts
Connect your Strava and Polar Flow accounts using the instructions found here.
Starred segments will be used for your Live Segment experience. You can star segments by tapping on the star icon next to a segment's name.
- Click on the Update segments button on the Polar Flow web service's Favorites page to import Strava Live Segments to Polar Flow. You can skip this step if you wish to quickly transfer one or two Strava Live Segments. Just sync your device after starring your segments on Strava.
- You can sync a maximum of 20 Live Segments at a time. If you have over 20 favorites in the Flow web service, the first 20 will be transferred when you sync your device. You can drag and drop the segments to select which are in the top 20.
- The next time you sync your device, your 20 top favorites, including the Strava Live Segments you have imported from Strava will be transferred.
On your Polar device
- You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts. Please be aware that Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities.
- You will be notified when you complete the segment, and whether you beat the time you were competing against - but Strava.com has the final result.
Why is my segment time different after I upload then it was on my Polar?
Polar devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the Polar device during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real time.
Why do I see a message in Polar Flow that says I don't have a Summit subscription?
Polar Flow is not able to immediately recognize Strava Summit subscriptions. Please wait 24 hours after you purchase Summit and try again. If you are unable to authorize your Strava account in Polar Flow after 24 hours, please proceed with submitting a support ticket.