Automatically sync the Strava Routes you've created or starred to your Garmin device.
- Compatible Devices
- Enabling Strava Routes
- Syncing Routes
- Any Garmin device that supports Courses can support Strava Routes.
Enabling Strava Routes on Garmin Devices
- From the Garmin Connect website: Enable Courses permission in your Account Information page in order to take advantage of the integration.
- From the Garmin Connect mobile app: Navigate to Settings > Partner Apps > Strava > Enable Courses permission.
Syncing Strava Routes to Garmin Devices
In order for a route to sync to your Garmin device, the route will have to be starred.
- From the Strava website, open the Dashboard drop-down menu and select My Routes. From the mobile app, select Profile and scroll down to Routes.
- Tap the star icon so that it’s highlighted orange. If the route you’d like to sync is already starred, you’ll have to unstar it (the icon will no longer be highlighted) and then star it again.
- The next time you sync your device with the Garmin Connect mobile app or Garmin Express software, any new starred Strava routes will be synced to your Garmin device. Synced routes will appear in your Courses folder on your Garmin.
If you've starred any segments along the route you created, those segments will also sync to your Garmin device as long as the segment appears on the corresponding route page on the Strava website. Once the segments have synced, you can follow them as Live Segments even while following a route.
What if I use the Strava Routes ConnectIQ app?
It is no longer supported and will be removed from the Garmin ConnectIQ app store.
Do I have to update my Firmware?
No, you’ll just have to follow the steps above to enable Strava Routes.
How do I remove a route?
You must delete the route from your Garmin device in order to remove it. Unstarring the route on Strava will not remove it.
What if my route did not sync?
First, check if the route was synced to Garmin Connect by looking for it in your Courses folder on the mobile app or website.
- If you see the route, sync your device to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth or Wifi.
- If you don’t, unstar and restar the route on Strava then sync your device to Garmin Connect.