We occasionally hear of issues connecting your Polar Bluetooth Smart HRM to Strava to record your heart rate with the app. For example, the HRM may appear to be connected to the phone via the phone's Bluetooth settings, but the HRM is not detected from within the Strava app.
We recommend following these Polar troubleshooting steps then, try connecting the HRM to Strava again.
- If your receiving device (phone) has a Bluetooth devices list, try removing the Polar H6 / H7 from the list and pairing it again. Remember to wear the heart rate sensor when pairing.
- Try restarting the receiving device (phone) to see that helps.
- Could the heart rate sensor battery be empty? Try changing the battery.
To reset your Polar HRM:
- Exit the application and remove the heart rate sensor from the strap. Wait 30 seconds, place the sensor back and start the application.
- With H7, if the sensor restart didn't help, reset the sensor by taking the battery out for 6 minutes and touch both snap connects for 10 seconds right after you have taken the battery out.