Welcome to Strava! We are excited that you have decided to join Strava’s community of athletes. Now that you’re registered, you can use Strava to track your progress, motivate you, and connect with others. This guide will help you get started so you can fully engage in the Strava experience on the web. You can a guide for the Strava mobile app here.
- Update your settings and profile: Hover over your profile picture in the top right corner of the Strava window and select Settings from the dropdown menu. You can set your preferences, upload a profile photo, and adjust your privacy and notifications settings.
- Follow other Strava athletes: You can search for friends or connect your email or Facebook accounts to discover your contacts on Strava. Once you follow another athlete, or when your request to follow is approved, their activities will appear in your activity feed alongside your own. You can interact with your friends by giving kudos and leaving comments.
- Sync services and social media: Connect to social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google. Enabling a connection allows you to share your activities outside of Strava.
- Upload an activity directly or from 3rd party: If you use a watch or cycling computer to record your activities, you may be able to connect with a third party software or website, such as Garmin Connect to automatically upload future activities to Strava. More information can be found here. You can also upload activity files or enter your activity manually.
- If you have historical activity saved on another platform you may be able to transfer the data to Strava. We have outlined instructions on transferring data from several popular fitness platforms to ensure you get credit for all your efforts.
If you'd like to learn more, check out our article on getting more out of Strava.