Garmin and Strava have partnered to bring Strava segments to your Garmin device.
- Linking your accounts
- Selecting segments
- On your Edge device
- More information on this topic
- Strava Premium
- Garmin Connect account
- Compatible Garmin device:
- Garmin Fenix 5s
- Garmin Fenix 5x
- Garmin Fenix 5
- Garmin Forerunner 735XT
- Garmin Forerunner 935
- Garmin Edge 510
- Garmin Edge 520
- Garmin Edge 810
- Garmin Edge 820
- Garmin Edge 1000
Edge Explore devices are not Strava Live Segments compatible.
Looking for Live Segments on your Garmin Edge 1030? Please see this article
Linking your accounts
- Go to http://www.strava.com/athlete/segments/starred.
- Click “Connect.”
- Log in to your Garmin Connect account if necessary and follow prompts.
- Segments should show up on your Garmin automatically the next time you sync your device ("sync" refers to an actual upload to Strava, not just connecting the accounts.)
- Your starred segments will show up automatically. If you star another one, it will load on your device the next time you sync. You can star segments almost anywhere you can view them - from an activity, in Segment Explorer, in the mobile app, etc.
- If you set a goal on a segment, it will load onto your device as well, along with an effort representing your goal time.
- A selection of 20-30 popular segments from your area can be loaded on your device as well. Popular segments can be enabled on the Starred Segments page.
On your Garmin device
- You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts
- During the segment, you can choose which effort to be compared against. You will always be able to select the KOM/QOM, and you could also have your PR, your goal, or the time from a friend who’s a little faster than you. The default priority is as follows:
- Goal (If you have one set for the segment)
- Rival (Next person above you that you're following on the leaderboard)
Why is my segment time different after I upload then it was on my Garmin?
Garmin devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the Garmin during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real time.
Can I use Live Segments on my Garmin while following a course?
At this time the segment feature will not overlay on top of the Course screen.
What if I cannot get my segments to load to my Garmin?
Your Garmin may still be set to use Garmin Segments, instead of Strava Segments. To check this, open Garmin Connect and add Segments to your Dashboard. From here you can change the settings to use Strava Segments. After the change is made, sync your device with Garmin Express and your segment settings will be updated.
What if some of my segments are not synced to my Garmin?
At this time we only sync 100 segments (this include the 20-30 Popular segments if you have them enabled).
60-day Premium trial with 520 purchase
If you are currently not Premium, and you purchase a Garmin 520, you are eligible to receive a 60 trial of Premium. First, you must register the device in Garmin Connect. Then you will see an orange Strava tile on the Dashboard that will link you to the trial page. If you do not see the Strava Premium trial offer, click on the gray arrow on the lower right of the Strava tile. The banner should now appear in front of the title.