We want Strava to be as customizable as possible. We offer a vast range of preferences and settings to make your profile your own. To access your Settings:
- Log in to your account on Strava.
- Hover over your profile picture on the top right of the window.
- Click on "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
Options for your Profile:
- Name - All Strava users will be able to see your first name. You can choose to anonymize your last name by displaying only the first letter of your last name in the Privacy tab.
- Birthday - We use this information to help compare you to other Strava athletes as well as make estimates on how hard your heart is beating.
- Gender - Telling us your gender helps make our leaderboards more dynamic and interesting.
- Location - This helps other users to know where you ride the most. The timezone will update automatically when you input your city.
- Primary Club - Choose which club you would like to appear under your name on your Strava profile.
- Weight - Don't worry, we keep this one a secret. We use this information to help us make power output calculations (if you don't own a power meter) and for filtering the leaderboard by weight (a Premium feature).
- Vanity URL - Here you can select a vanity URL to link to your Profile page. You can share this URL with your friends, post it to websites, or just remember for easy navigating to your Profile page.
- Profile Bio - Write a little blurb about your accomplishments or just tell Strava a little bit about yourself. Your bio appear in your profile under your photo.
- My Account - On the right-hand side of this page you can update your email address and password, as well as access your Subscription Status by going to "View Account" or "Upgrade to Premium".
- Social Connections - View the status of your links to social media or other platforms.
- Download your data - Use this button to export all activity in bulk to your computer. You will receive an email with zip file of your exported data in GPX format.
Other settings, options, and preferences for your Profile:
- Find your Premium membership status, billing info, and the date you first joined Strava under My Account.
- Update your custom heart rate zones, running pace zones, and your functional threshold power for cycling under My Performance.
- Choose between miles/pounds and kilometers/kilograms under Display Preferences. You can also choose your default sport between running and cycling, your default leaderboard filter, and your default highlight image for the feed.
- To learn more about the privacy options available for your profile, see our article here.
- Next, customize your Email Notifications for comments and kudos, club emails, segment emails and Strava newsletters.
- Strava can help you track how much you use your favorite gear. Got to My Gear to add your bikes, bicycle components and shoes. More information on adding gear to your profile can be found here.
- Review which applications have access your Strava data by visiting My Apps. You can revoke access from this page if necessary.
- Add a Strava badge to your blog or website to share your profile and achievements. From My Badges, select your badge size and style to generate a code that you can copy.
- X-Features are experiments that we've built that aren't quite ready for full integration into the site, but we want to share them so you can try them out! Features may be added, removed, or break at any time, so use them at your own risk. Enable or disable X-Features and use the "Send feedback" option to share your thoughts.