We want Strava to be as customizable as possible. We offer a vast range of preferences and settings to make your profile your own
- My Profile
- My Account
- My Performance
- Display Preferences
- Email Notifications
- My Gear
- My Apps
- My Badges
In order to get to access your Settings:
- Log in to Strava.com
- Hover over your profile picture on the top right of the window
- Click on "Settings" from the drop down menu
- Name - All Strava users will be able to see your first name. You can choose to anonymize your last name by displaying only the first letter of your last name in the Privacy tab.
- Birthday - We use this information to help compare you to other Strava athletes as well as make estimates on how hard your heart is beating.
- Gender - Telling us your gender helps make our leaderboards more dynamic and interesting.
- Location - This helps other users to know where you ride the most. The timezone will update automatically when you input your city.
- Weight - Don't worry, we keep this one a secret. We use this information to help us make power output calculations (if you don't own a power meter) and for filtering the leaderboard by weight (a Premium feature).
- Vanity URL - Here you can select a vanity URL to link to your Profile page. You can share this URL with your friends, post it to websites, or just remember for easy navigating to your Profile page.
- Profile Bio - Write a little blurb about your accomplishments or just tell Strava a little bit about yourself. Your bio appear in your profile under your photo.
- My Account - On the right-hand side of this page you can update your email address and password, as well as access your Subscription Status by going to "View Account" or "Upgrade to Premium"
- Social Connections - View the status of your links to social media or other platforms
- Download your data - Use this button to export all activity in bulk to your computer. You will receive an email with zip file of your exported data in GPX format.
- Member Since - The date you first joined Strava!
- Membership Status - Current subscription status is displayed. Select 'Manage' to make changes to your membership.
- Billing Info - Current payment method is displayed for premium members. Select 'Update' to make changes to your payment information.
'My Performance' (Premium only)
- Heart Rate Zones - Strava uses heart rate zones to determine Suffer Score. Hover over the heart rate zone display and select the pencil icon that appears to make changes. Enter your Max Heart Rate or customized heart rate zones.
- Pace Zones for Current Running Fitness - Strava uses your maximum race speed to calculate pace zones and an intensity rating. To ensure accuracy, the race time you provide here describes what you are capable of running at maximal effort. Enter a current fitness race time or time trial by selecting the pencil icon.
- Functional Threshold Power - Enter your Function Threshold Power (FTP) which is the maximum average power that you can hold for one continuous hour. You FTP is important for accurately calculating Training Load, Intensity, and Power Distribution by Power Zones.
- Units & Measurements - Designate "miles and pounds" or "kilometers and kilograms".
- Default Sport - Choose which activity type you would like Strava to default to when you upload a file from the web site. If you're primarily a runner for example, choose "Running" and all files you upload to the website will be runs by default. Of course you can change the activity type to something else at any time after upload.
- Default Leaderboard View - Customize how you want the leaderboard to display by default with basic filters like by Gender, by only those you're following, or by Club.
- Default Highlight Image - Choose whether you would like the map or a photo to represent your activities on the feed on the Strava mobile app.
For privacy options, go here.
- Social Emails - Control which emails you receive in your inbox around comments and kudos on your activities, when someone follows you, or when a friend of yours on Facebook joins Strava.
- Club Emails - If you're part of a club, choose whether you would like to receive emails regarding posts in the discussion boards or group events.
- Segment Emails - Choose to turn on or off notifications when someone takes your KOM/QOM/CR.
- Daily Activity Digest - Opt in or out of receiving a daily email summarizing all the recent activity of those you're following by turning this ON.
- Email Newsletter - Opt in or opt out of receiving monthly newsletters from Strava.
- Email Language - Select which language you would prefer to receive email communications in.
For Gear settings, go here.
Review which applications you have allowed to access your Strava data. You can revoke access from this page if necessary.
Add a Strava badge to your blog or website to share your profile and achievements. Select your badge size and style to generate a code that you can copy.
X-Features are experiments that we've built that aren't quite ready for full integration into the site, but we want to share them so you can try them out! Features may be added, removed, or break at any time, so use them at your own risk.
Enable or disable X-Features and use the "Send feedback" option to share your thoughts.