If you run enough you already know this, but shoes eventually wear out. And when they do you're at increased risk of injury caused by the break down of shoe construction and materials, especially the midsole which is where most of the cushioning is.
For any pair of shoes you add in Strava, you can receive an email notification when you reach a certain mileage to remind you it's time for a new pair.
Shoe notifications are managed from the Gear page and the Shoe Edit screen and can only be done from the website.
To get there:
1. Click on your Profile picture and from the dropdown menu click on Settings
2. Click on My Gear from the left hand side of the page.
3. Click on the name of the shoe you'd like to edit the notifications for. From here you can either change the mileage for your reminder, or turn the notification off completely.
More information about shoe notifications:
- Default mileage for notifications is 250 miles and you can be edited to up to 800 miles. This can be changed at any time.
- You will continue to receive notifications after you've reached the threshold for every run where that shoe is selected, unless you retire the shoe, or turn the notification off from the Shoe Edit screen.