As of May 4th, 2016 the MyNB app will be powered by Strava. We’ve partnered with New Balance so you can make the most of your activities by earning MyNB points uploading your activities to Strava.
To Connect your MyNB account to Strava from the web, login to your account and select the 'Connect to Strava' option under the MyNB section on the right.
Then, follow the prompts to authorize
How do I earn points?
It’s as simple as uploading your activities to Strava. Each activity earns you 25 points. You can earn points on up to 10 activities each month (limit 1 upload per day).
Earn 200 points for connecting MyNB with Strava for the first time.
Points will be awarded next day if activity uploaded before 5 pm PST, two days if after 5 pm PST.
How many MyNB points do I need for a 1 month, 3 months or year of premium?
500 points redeemable for 1 month membership
1200 points redeemable for 3 month membership
3500 points redeemable for 1 year membership
*Codes must be redeemed within 90 days
How do I redeem my code?
You will be able to redeem the code you received via your MyNB account here: https://www.strava.com/premium.
Simply click the ‘Go Premium’ button and select the ‘Have a gift or promo code?’ on the following page.
Important notes for redeeming a code
If you already have a Strava Premium Membership purchased through the iTunes or GooglePlay store you will need to downgrade your subscription before you redeem the promo code. Here’s how to downgrade through a mobile store:
- If previously purchased through iTunes open the Strava app and click ... More > Settings > Manage Subscription and you should be redirected to the subscription management page in the iTunes app
- If previously purchased through GooglePlay open the Strava app and click ... More (Menu button) > Settings > Manage Subscription and you should be redirected to the subscription page in the Google Play app
One you’ve downgraded you can use the code you received from MyNB to upgrade your account via the Strava Premium page.
How do I upload to Strava?
How do I move my data from Runkeeper to Strava
Want to move your activity history on Runkeeper to Strava? Follow the instructions here
Why does my data look different on Strava?
Most social fitness platform have their own unique way of processing data. We are confident in the algorithms behind our analysis and believe that we are representing your data in the most accurate way possible. If you are seeing major discrepancies, it could be a result of the quality of data you are recording. Here are some helpful tips for recording the best possible data:
- Use one second recording intervals
- Give your device plenty of time to acquire a strong satellite signal before starting to record
- If you’re using a phone, close all other open applications
- If you’re using pause/resume, make sure you do so consistently throughout your entire activity
- Make sure your device has a clear and unobstructed view of the sky throughout the activity
My points aren’t adding up correctly.
If you have any questions regarding the connection of your MyNB account to Strava, point redemption or point accumulation please reach out to New Balance's support here.