Access Strava Clubs on the mobile app to connect with athletes like you and organize group activities
- Accessing and searching for Clubs
- Club page overview
- Joining and leaving Clubs
Accessing and Searching for Clubs
Access the clubs you've joined by tapping Groups > Clubs or You > Profile and scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
To search for a new club, tap Groups > Clubs > Explore Clubs at the top of the page. Enter relevant keywords and filter by location and/or sport type. If a location isn't specified, your current location will be used to complete the search.
Club Details Page
Tapping into a club will allow you to see some basic information, upcoming events, and recent posts. Tap on the icons underneath the club name for additional information and actions.
Owners and administrators of invite-only clubs have the ability to manage club join requests and existing members on the Strava app or website. Tap Pending Requests to review and Approve or Decline the request(s). You can enable push notifications for requests to join your club from the Strava app settings.
The overview tab includes a list of the club's members. Club admins can manage existing members from the member list. Tap on the three dots next to a member's name to remove the member from the club or promote the member to admin. Existing admins can take over as the owner, be demoted to a member, or be removed. The option to delete a club is also found in the overview tab.
A feed of activities uploaded by club members can be found under the activities tab.
Clubs with 500 members or fewer will have a scatterplot that displays members’ efforts based on two metrics.
- Cycling clubs will display efforts on the scatterplot based on distance vs. elevation.
- Running clubs will use distance vs. average pace.
- Triathlon and other clubs will use time vs. the number of activities.
Below the scatterplot, you will see statistics for your club.
- Cycling clubs will feature total club miles for the week, the greatest distance, and elevation gain a member has recorded for the week.
- Running clubs will display total club miles for the week and the leading distance and time.
- Triathlon and other clubs will show the total club activity time for the week, the leading activity time, and the greatest number of activities recorded by one member for the week.
For clubs without a scatterplot, this information, in addition to your personal weekly activity totals, will appear directly below the member, activity, and discussion statistics.
All clubs will feature a leaderboard that will feature the top 10 athletes for the week. If you are not ranked in the top 10, you can see your current standing by scrolling below the top 10. The two athletes ahead of you and behind you will also be displayed.
Club owners and admins can create new events and edit existing events.
- To create a new event, you’ll be required to enter a title, start date, and start time.
- You’ll have the option to add a meeting point by dragging and dropping a pin or typing in a location.
- You can also select a route from your list of public routes to add to the event.
- All RSVP’d athletes will receive an event notification 24 hours before the start time of the event.
- Push notifications can be configured from your settings on the mobile app and email notifications can be configured on the website.
Joining and Leaving Clubs
Access the club page and tap on Join Club to join a public club. To join an invite-only club, your join request will first need to be approved by the Club administrator. The join button will change to Pending until your request has been approved.
To leave a club you have joined:
Access your clubs by tapping Groups > Clubs. Select the club you want to leave and tap Overview at the top, then scroll to the bottom and select Leave Club.
Can I create or edit a Club on the mobile app?
You will still need to log into your account via the Strava website in order to create and edit Clubs.