Wahoo and Strava have partnered to bring Strava Live Segments to your ELEMNT device.
- Linking your accounts
- Selecting segments
- On your ELEMNT device
- More information on this topic
- Strava subscription
- Wahoo ELEMNT app
- Compatible Wahoo ELEMNT device
- Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities
Linking your accounts
Your starred segments will show up automatically in the Strava Live Segments folder on your ELEMNT after you connect your accounts. If you star another segment on the Strava website or mobile app, it will load on your device the next time you sync. You can star segments almost anywhere you can view them.
We do not sync downhill segments to devices for Strava Live Segments. Please keep in mind that our system recognizes even the slightest negative grade so there may be segments that display a 0% grade that is considered downhill and therefore will not sync to devices.
On your ELEMNT device
- You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts. Please be aware that Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities.
- During the segment, you can choose to be compared against the KOM/QOM or your PR. The default priority is as follows:
- You will be notified when you complete the segment, and whether you beat the time you were competing against. The times shown on the device during an activity are preliminary and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
- Segment notifications appear automatically, but you can cancel out of the live segment experience as it is happening by pressing the mute button.
- On your device, you can also temporarily disable individual segments or the entire Live Segments experience, or permanently delete some or all segments from your device. This will not affect your starred segments or anything else in your Strava account.
Why is my segment time different after I upload then it was on my ELEMNT?
Wahoo ELEMNT devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the ELEMNT during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if the GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real-time.