We've seen a recent increase in the number of iOS users reporting GPS issues when recording but we aren't quite sure of the cause. This means the app freezes or stops mid-recording which results in incomplete data and missing portions of your activity. To help us investigate the issue, please try the troubleshooting steps below and let us know if it improves your future recordings:
- Try turning your phone completely off then on.
- Try turning location services off then on. Location services are located in settings > privacy > location services (turn off/on).
- Try turning off wifi before and during recording.
- Close all other open applications before recording and if you open another app during your activity, navigate back to Strava afterward.
- Lastly, sometimes recording data quality can be improved by giving your phone more time to acquire satellites prior to starting your activity. Try opening Strava when you have a clear and unobstructed view of the sky and wait a few more minutes than normal before starting your activity.
Thanks, and we'll keep you posted on any updates regarding this issue.