Not seeing heart rate data on your activities recorded with the Strava app for Apple Watch? We recommend following these steps to try and resolve the issue:
- Uninstall the Strava app on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Re-install Strava on both of your devices.
- Go through the onboarding process on the Strava iPhone app but skip health kit permission. Instead of tapping finish, tap set up later instead.
- Open the Strava Watch app and switch your activity to a run by swiping right on the record screen then start an activity.
- While you're viewing the record screen tap the grayed out heart icon to request Health Kit Permission.
- A prompt should appear asking you to allow permissions on your iPhone. Once heart rate access has been granted, please record another activity and let us know if heart rate records properly. It may take a minute or so for the grayed out heart rate to generate your heart rate so please give it a moment.
- Lastly, if you want to sync your Strava activities to the Health app, please re-initiate permissions to the Health app: Go to the Strava iPhone app > More > Settings > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Tap the plus icon to allow full permissions.