Early Sunday morning (Jan. 13, 2019 - PST) the Strava site was briefly down. Our engineering team is working hard to catch up to the backlog and at this point all site functionality should be restored but may be experiencing some site and upload issues. Our team is working on resolving the issue and we appreciate the patience.
You may have experienced any of the following, as this server issue caused several multiple issues such as:
* Delays in segment matching
* Stalled/failed uploads
* Failures to create new segments,
* Delays in editing activities (includes changing activity type)
* Deleted activities are not fully deleted
* Delays in cropping
* Delays in challenge progress calculation and badge generation
* Segment filters, like “My Results," are not loading
* Failure to reupload a previously deleted activity
* Weekly, monthly, and challenge totals not refreshing
* General site slowness
If you have a failed upload, please follow the instructions below. If you are still experiencing problems with any of the above, please let us know.
- Automatic syncing through Garmin Connect/Garmin Express: Please export the original file from Garmin Connect and upload that file directly to Strava. Here's how: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917807-Exporting-files-from-Garmin-Connect
- Direct Uploads: Please try reuploading your activity by file.
- iPhone Uploads: Resync your activities by pulling down the activity feed.
- Android Uploads: Your activities will be resynced automatically throughout the day.
- 3rd party Uploads (like Movescount, TomTom, CopyMySports, etc): Please export the file (GPX, TCX, or FIT files accepted) and upload that file directly to Strava.
Upload files directly via this page: https://www.strava.com/upload/select
If you see a message about a duplicate file error, please try again later. If you still see this error after 24 hours please send us a copy of the original activity file and we will take a look at what is going on. We really appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve the problem! Here is how you can contact support: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917777-How-do-I-contact-Strava-Support-