We're investigating an issue that's causing the Apple Watch app to prompt athletes to log into to Strava on their phone even if they are already logged in. If you're experiencing this issue, we've released version 116.1.0 that includes a fix. Please update your Strava app to the latest version.
After you have checked for any updates and are running the latest software on your Apple Watch, please try the following suggestions:
- Suggestion 1
- Force close Strava on your Apple Watch and iPhone. Confirm both applications are closed.
- Access Motion & Fitness on your Apple Watch and toggle Strava Off and then back On.
- Open Strava on your Apple Watch and then on your phone.
- Suggestion 2
- Use the Watch app on your iPhone to force an uninstall of the Strava Watch app. Note that it may take some time for the app to be fully uninstalled from the Watch face.
- Once you've confirmed the app has been uninstalled from the Watch, uninstall the Strava app from your iPhone.
- Force close all apps on the iPhone.
- Restart the Watch and iPhone.
- Download and install the Strava app on your iPhone. Make sure that you are logged into your account.
- Install the Strava app on the Apple Watch.
- Unlock the display on your iPhone and load the Strava Apple Watch app. Watch for and approve prompts on both devices.
If neither of those suggestions help, please contact our support by submitting a request at the bottom of this page. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Follow this article for email updates on the issue.