Improvements for Gear section of Strava (Cycling)
I am at a crossroads with equipment list management. I am about to dump tracking all my components as I have seen no improvements in a very very long time. I switch around wheels and tires all the time and that tough to track the way it's currently setup here on Strava. But now I have recently cracked my frame and is being replaced under warranty. I will be moving all my component to this new frame, so this is where it will be a complete failure for me. How do I track going forward? Components are tracked by Frame and not individually.
1. Allow components to exist independently from bikes/frames
Instead of limiting only one active version of each component per bike, components would exist as a "pool" and could be removed from a bike without being retired, could be "shelved" for any amount of time without accumulating mileage, and could be easily switched between bikes. Like different tiers - at the top level there is a group of frames, and under that is a group of components, any amount or type of components you wish to track. Then there is freedom to match the components to the frames in any desired way.
2. Ability to add historical usage to a frame or component
As the system currently stands, bikes and components added to Strava are treated as new, with zero use. Of course, we know this is only the case a fraction of the time. For a functional gear tracking system there needs to be a way to add an item to the system with historical mileage/usage.
3. Track Gear in hours as well as miles
4. Ability to set notifications for when a component reaches a certain amount of use (miles or hours)
5. Add maintenance records, or simply a notes field to any Gear item to keep track of when equipment was last serviced
Are there any additions, or major feedback trends that I missed? -Elle