Mobile App support for indoor (non-GPS) recording
The Strava App for iPhone/Android does not currently have many features in place for stationary trainer or indoor recording. The App requires a valid GPS signal to record data, and will not be able to record good data when indoors with a weak GPS signal. For now, you can always enter your stationary/indoor metrics in a Manual Activity entry within the App or on the Strava website.
If we choose to better support stationary/indoor workouts in the future, what kinds of integrations, support, and features would you like to see on the Strava mobile app?
Some suggestions we've heard before:
- Tag activities as stationary trainer from the mobile app
- Fix issues with viewing indoor/non-GPS activities from the mobile app (there are display issues with the data currently)
- Manual entry for Heart Rate, Power and Cadence to an indoor activity.
- Support recording indoors with no GPS signal with ANT+ or BTLE accessories, such as Heart Rate monitors, Cadence and Power meters via the mobile app.
- Enter an approximate or estimated distance to an existing activity for cycling done on a stationary trainer without a speed sensor (similar feature suggestion here).
Please send us your feedback and ideas. Thanks!