Enter custom distances for "Best Efforts"
HI, along with many other members, I'd like a much more flexible way to track my best efforts and it occurred to me that they could (for a large part) be handled the same way as segments, in that:
* Any run that goes over a "best effort" distance should list the best effort as part of the run, with 1/2/3 gradings as appropriate
* It should be possible to create my own best effort distances, so that if I start doing triathlons or need to track my 18.5km efforts I can add any distance I want as a best effort distance.
* It should be possible to classify a best effort as being for a run or for a ride
* The Strava team could add some standard best effort distances that would be tracked for everyone's activities (that went longer than the distance)
* There could be a "best effort" menu item on the left of the activity detail page, directly under segments
* There could also be a "best effort" page that listed the different best effort distances (standard and my own) so that I could see all my "run 1km" times linked to their activities
* While I'm recording an activity, strava (premium) could, using "real-time best efforts" tell me about a new best effort.
In fact, the only real differences between segments and best efforts are that segments have a specific start/end point; best efforts are "virtual" and could occur not just from the start of the activity but any time during an activity.
I noted the following suggestions that could be addressed by having best efforts handled similarly to segments: