Better Year-to-Date Mileage Totals and Stats in Training Calendar
We've seen a number of separate feature suggestion forums focused around Athlete stats for the current year and previous years, as well as better reporting of these metrics via the Training Calendar and other features, for example:
- "How do I see my mileage total for last year?"
- "I'd like to be able to compare my total kms, elevation and time on a graph compared to my previous years on Strava."
- "I would like to be able to compare each year's stats."
- "I'd love to see how much climbing I've done per month and year in total."
- "I want to know how many miles I ran each month, year, etc., and how many miles I cycled, swam, etc.. On the Training Calendar now I only get total miles for ALL activities."
- "Would love total miles + elevation broken down for runs & rides. Right now the Training Calendar shows combined activities."
For the current year, your Strava Profile page will display your Year-to-Date stats for your preferred activity type (either cycling or running as set in your Profile Settings). On the Training Log, you can see weekly mileage, time, and elevation totals going back through your history. On the Training Calendar, you can access yearly and monthly mileage and time metrics for all your activities combined, but there is no elevation statistic.
Add your Feedback!
This feature suggestion forum pulls together the main themes from many separate but related forums we've seen. Please use this forum to add your feedback, input and ideas around what is most important to you in terms of year-to-date reporting.
The leading feedback trends so far are to separate yearly metrics in the Training Calendar by activity type (running and cycling), and to add yearly elevation totals.
We look forward to hearing your thoughts!
March 26th, 2015:
We've just released a very small, but potentially helpful tool on your Profile pages. In the "My Stats" section, you can now select any year under "2015". Selecting another year will display your cumulative distance, time, elevation gain and number of rides for that year.