Android Wear 2.0 Feedback
I love the push that Strava is making to improve its standalone app on Android Wear devices. That being said, I think there are a few additional features that should be added that will greatly increase the capabilities of the app. Some of them will only be feasible on devices with GPS and LTE, but others will only need the GPS.
1. Workouts - it would be great if workouts could be designed on the web or phone and synced to the watch. Set intervals with time or distance parameters that can vibrate to let you know when you hit the next portion.
2. Beacon - premium users should be able to broadcast their location at set intervals to designated contacts. Battery life drain would be crazy if it were set too often, but perhaps once a minute or every 30 seconds this could be done.
3. Maps - for watches that have GPS and LTE, these maps could by dynamic and change when the user changes location. Even if LTE is not available, select maps could be downloaded and stored offline. Your path could be traced on the map.
4. Live Segments - similar to the last feature, it would be great if this could be dynamically tracked and updated. Otherwise, segments could be stored offline and you could be notified as you run/bike them.
5. Advanced metrics - it would be great if AW watches could provide the same types of advanced metrics as Garmin watches. Cadence, stride length, vertical oscillation, etc should be able to be tracked with all of the AW sensors.