Automatic Commuter mode
It would be nice if I could enter my home and work locations, and then automatically have Strava mark any ride that starts from one and ends at the others as a commute.
At the moment, the commute flag doesn't seem to do much. But if we had good commute data, it could be used in a number of interesting actions
1. Keep my daily commutes private; no need to spam my friends feeds with that stuff.
2. Generate commuting totals; how many miles did I commute? How many work-days did I bike vs drive?
3. Create statistics on environmental impact - E.g. .44 kg carbon per mile saved vs 20MPG car
4. Create statistics on cost savings - IRS rate is $0.575 per mile (Great way to justify more bike parts! I save $40/wk w/ my bike)
5. Recommending stops for bike to work events