What is a Group Activity?
Your activity will be grouped with other athletes if you overlapped for a certain amount of time. Learn more.
Managing your Group Activities Privacy Controls
On the web, go to your Settings page by hovering over your profile picture in the top right and selecting ‘Settings.’
- Click on the 'Privacy Controls' tab on the left side of the page.
- Select 'Everyone,' 'Followers' or 'No One' under 'Group Activities.'
On the mobile app, open your settings from the settings icon in the upper right-hand corner of the You tab. Select 'Privacy Controls'.
- Select 'Group Activities' to choose between 'Everyone,' 'Followers' or 'No One.'
How it Works
This setting cannot be toggled on/off for individual activities. No matter which setting you choose, you can always remove your activity from a group by using the leave group button on the website and mobile app.
Set your Group Activity privacy controls to 'Everyone' if you don’t mind other athletes seeing you were part of a group. When you select Everyone:
Any Strava athlete:
- Can see that you were part of a group.
- Can be matched to your activity.
- Can see that you were matched to their activity.
- Any Strava athlete:
Set your Group Activity privacy controls to 'Followers' if you prefer that only followers or those that you follow can see you were part of a group. When you select Followers:
- And those you are following will see you were part of a group.
- Athletes you've been grouped with will be hidden from non-followers on your activity pages. You will be hidden from non-followers on other athletes' grouped activities.
- You will still see yourself grouped to non-followers on your activity details page, but those non-followers will not see you grouped when they view their own activity details pages.
- Cannot see you grouped to their activities.
- Cannot see you were part of another athlete’s group.
- May be grouped to your activity, but will not see this grouping. Only you and your followers/following will see them.
Set your Group Activity privacy controls to ‘No One' if you prefer that activities are not grouped with other Strava athletes. When you select No One:
- No athletes will be grouped to your activity nor will they see you as part of a group.
- All your past activities will be removed from groupings.