On the Strava Mobile App
From the record screen, select the routes icon in the lower left of the screen to open view a list of your starred and created routes. Click the option to Use Route on the route you wish to follow. This will load the route on the record screen for navigation.
- Tap the route icon again to switch or clear the route.
- Should you need to head back early, the Route Back to Start feature will plot the most efficient path back to the start of your activity.
On a GPS Device
- If you're using a Garmin device that supports Courses, you can automatically sync your routes to the device. More information can be found here.
- You can export a route by selecting Export on the route page. Choose to download the TCX or GPX file depending on what your device will accept.
- GPX files are best if you have base maps installed because it will display both a styled map and text-based directions.
- TCX files are best when you don't have base maps installed. Save the downloaded file to your computer and plug in your GPS device so it's recognized as a USB drive.
Printing a Cue Sheet
If you don’t have a GPS device, we’ve also provided handy printer-friendly cue sheets that you can print out and share.