What is your profile?
Your profile page displays information about you and your active life. Learn more about your profile page here.
Managing your Profile Page Privacy Controls
- On the web, go to your Settings page by hovering over your profile picture in the top right and selecting ‘Settings.’
- Click on the 'Privacy Controls' tab on the left side of the page.
- Select 'Everyone' or 'Followers' under 'Profile Page.'
- On the mobile app, open your settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home, Groups, or You tab. Select 'Privacy Controls'.
- Select 'Profile Page' to choose between 'Everyone' or 'Followers'
How it Works
- Set your profile privacy controls to 'Everyone' in order for the entire Strava community to see your full profile details. When you select Everyone:
- All Strava athletes:
- Unless blocked, will see your complete profile details. This includes your profile photo, location, bio, this week's activity stats (time, distance, and elevation), recent photos, last 4 weeks' calendar widget, clubs, recent achievements, trophy case, following/followers, KOMs/QOMs, posts, weekly/yearly goals, activity bar chart, activity summaries, side-by-side comparison, and shoes.
- Can follow you without your approval.
- Can view your activity summaries in club feeds.
- Can view your training log if you make it public.
- Can view the gear used on your activity details page.
- Anyone on the web:
- Will see a logged-out version of your Strava profile. This includes your full name and location, bio, trophy case, activity bar chart, total stats for the month (distance, time, elevation), recent achievements, year-to-date stats (distance, time, elevation, quantity), All-time stats (distance, time, elevation, quantity), number of following/followers, recent photos.
- Set your profile privacy controls to "Followers" in order to hide certain profile details from non-followers. When you select Followers:
- Will see your complete profile details. This includes your profile photo, location, bio, recent photos, last 4 weeks' calendar widget, clubs, recent achievements, trophy case, following/followers, KOMs/QOMs, posts, weekly/yearly goals, activity bar chart, activity summaries, side-by-side comparison, shoes and/or bikes.
- Will see limited profile details. This includes your profile photo, location, bio, number of number of following/followers and mutual follows, activity bar chart, last 4 weeks' total activity count, and side-by-side comparison. Additionally, some elements of your profile will no longer be clickable, such as your followers' count and side-by-side comparison.
- Will see limited aggregate data on your profile that includes distance/time/etc from activities.
- Must request your approval before they can become your Follower.
- Cannot see your activity summaries on your profile page or club feeds.
- Cannot see the start time and gear on your activity details page.
- Might see your activities in public locations like Flybys, group activities, segments, public clubs, and challenge leaderboards. Adjust your Flybys, Group Activities, and Activity controls if you want to prevent this.
- Will not be able to click through to your activities from the leaderboards of invite-only clubs.
- Will not see photos on your activity pages.
- Can search for your profile using the athlete search tool, but will see limited information on your profile page as explained above.
- No one on the web:
- Will see a logged-out version of your profile or activity details pages.
How your profile will appear to followers vs. non-followers when it's set to "Followers"