Strava gets even more fun when you find and invite friends. Following friends opens up a world of social interaction and gets the competitive spirit going.
- Select the option to 'Find Friends' on your profile page.
- From this page, you can search by name with the magnifying glass icon. You can browse through suggested connections, Facebook friends, friends from your phone's contacts.
- When you find a new athlete you want to follow, just tap the orange 'Follow' icon next to their name.
- Select 'Invite Friends' to send invitations with your preferred messaging app.
Connect your Facebook and Contacts
- Connect your Facebook account to discover which of your Facebook friends are already on Strava. Learn more about connecting and sharing with other social apps.
- By adding your contacts, Strava will list contacts that you already follow, suggest friends to follow based on contacts that are already on Strava, as well as show other contacts who are not on Strava.
Disconnecting Phone Contacts
- You can go into your phone's main settings or in the Strava app settings. There you can disable access to contacts.
- You can also remove any contacts we've stored by going to the app's Settings> Contacts > toggle off Access to contacts.
- Please be aware that this setting is enabled by default but if you've never given Strava permission to access your phone's contact book, then the setting wouldn't apply to you.