- Hammerhead Karoo
- Dashboard account
- Strava subscription
Linking your Accounts
You must connect your Strava account to your Dashboard account to sync starred segments with Karoo.
- From the home screen on your Karoo device, tap Settings.
- Tap Strava Live Segments.
- In the top right corner, tap the three dots.
- Tap Sync Segments. Please aware that you will need an active data connection to complete this step.
- You can sync up to 100 starred segments and view 100 nearby segments.
- Select the target that you want to compete against.
- Carrot: The next person above you that you're following on the leaderboard.
- Wolf: The next person behind you that you're following on the leaderboard.
- PR: Your personal record on the segment.
- MR: Your most recent personal record on the segment.
- RB: Your best time on segment (if not a PR or MR).
- Select Enable from the dropdown menu. A yellow checkmark next to this segment means the segment is now enabled for Live Segments.
On your Karoo device
A countdown banner will be displayed when you are approaching a Live Segment that you've enabled. The notification can be dismissed by pressing the (X) button but you will see the segment progress displayed.
Once you enter the segment, the Live Segment overlay is displayed. You can swipe down or pull up the overlay if you wish to see or hide your data-fields.
Why is my segment time different after I upload it then it was on my Karoo?
Karoo devices use a different algorithm for determining when an athlete starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between athletes, the times shown on the Karoo during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
Keep in mind that only enabled segments are shown a ride. If the segment is enabled but the GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether you are on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real-time.
Can I use Live Segments on my Karoo while following a course?
Yes - Live Segments will overlay on top if you are using a route.
What if some of my segments are not synced to my Karoo?
The maximum number of segments that can be synced to a Karoo device is six segments.