To discover Strava ride and run segments near you, select Maps from the bottom navigation menu of the mobile app and select Segments. On the map view, Free athletes will see a sampling of popular segments in the given area. Zoom in, zoom out, or enter a location and Strava will show the most popular segments in that area. Strava subscribers can drag up the additional menu options from the bottom of the map to browse personalized suggestions under the Segments banner.
- Visit popular spots: The most popular segments in the area based on the number of views, efforts, and stars.
- Discover new places: Popular segments in areas you haven’t been to yet. These segments are chosen based on global popularity, and popularity within the clubs you’ve joined.
- Break your record: The segments where you’re close to beating your personal record based on your training history and the characteristics of the segment. Please be aware that downhill ride segments will not be considered for this category.
- Climb the leaderboard: The segments where you’re close to getting a top 10 spot on the leaderboard based on your training history and the characteristics of the segment. Please be aware that downhill ride segments will not be considered for this category.
- Go for a workout: Segments where other athletes tend to perform multiple intervals like nearby tracks or other areas where the community trains.
- Become a legend: Segments where you’re close to becoming the Local Legend. Segments where you already have a high number of efforts will be prioritized.
You can star any segments that you would like to reference in the future. A list of your starred segments can be found by selecting Saved > Starred Segments from the Explore tab.
Personalized suggestions are not currently available on the Strava website. Additional options for finding segments from the Strava website can be found here.