What is a Group Activity?
Your activity will be grouped with other athletes if you overlapped for a certain amount of time. Learn more.
Managing your Group Activities Privacy Controls
- On the web, go to your Settings page by hovering over your profile picture in the top right and selecting ‘Settings.’
- Click on the 'Privacy Controls' tab on the left side of the page.
- Select 'Everyone,' 'Followers' or 'No One' under 'Group Activities.'
- On the mobile app, open your settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home, Groups, or You tab. Select 'Privacy Controls'.
- Select 'Group Activities' to choose between 'Everyone,' 'Followers' or 'No One.'
How it Works
This setting cannot be toggled on/off for individual activities. No matter which setting you choose, you can always remove your activity from a group by using the leave group button on the website and mobile app.
- Set your Group Activity privacy controls to 'Everyone' if you don’t mind other athletes seeing you were part of a group. When you select Everyone:
- Any Strava athlete:
- Can see that you were part of a group.
- Can be matched to your activity.
- Can see that you were matched to their activity.
- Any Strava athlete:
- Set your Group Activity privacy controls to 'Followers' if you prefer that only followers or those that you follow can see you were part of a group. When you select Followers:
- And those you are following will see you were part of a group.
- Athletes you've been grouped with will be hidden from non-followers on your activity pages. You will be hidden from non-followers on other athletes' grouped activities.
- You will still see yourself grouped to non-followers on your activity details page, but those non-followers will not see you grouped when they view their own activity details pages.
- Cannot see you grouped to their activities.
- Cannot see you were part of another athlete’s group.
- May be grouped to your activity, but will not see this grouping. Only you and your followers/following will see them.
- Set your Group Activity privacy controls to ‘No One' if you prefer that activities are not grouped with other Strava athletes. When you select No One:
- No athletes will be grouped to your activity nor will they see you as part of a group.
- All your past activities will be removed from groupings.
Article is closed for comments.