Strava gets even more fun when you find and invite friends. Following friends opens up a world of social interaction and gets the competitive spirit going.
- Select the option to 'Find Friends' on your profile page.
- From this page, you can search by name from the search bar. You can browse through suggested connections, Facebook friends, friends from your phone's contacts.
- When you find a new athlete you want to follow, just tap the orange 'Follow' icon next to their name.
- Select 'Invite Friends' to send invitations with your preferred messaging app.
Connect your Facebook and Contacts
- Connect your Facebook account to discover which of your Facebook friends are already on Strava. Learn more about connecting and sharing with other social apps.
- By adding your contacts, Strava will list contacts that you already follow, suggest friends to follow based on contacts that are already on Strava, as well as show other contacts who are not on Strava.
Disconnecting and Removing Phone Contacts
- To Disconnect Contacts Book
- Open your phone's settings, then scroll down to find Strava and tap on it. There you can disable access to contacts.
- To Remove Contacts on Strava
- Open the Strava app, find the Settings menu, then scroll down to find Contacts and toggle off Access to contacts.
- Please be aware that if you've never given Strava permission to access your phone's contact book, then Strava does not have access to your contacts and the setting wouldn't apply to you.