Strava gets even more fun when you find and invite friends. Following friends opens up a world of social interaction and gets the competitive spirit going.
- On the Strava app, select You from the bottom navigation menu and open your profile by tapping your profile picture in the upper left. Tap the magnifying glass icon on the next page.
- From this page, you can search by name from the search bar. You can also browse through suggested connections, Facebook friends, friends from your phone's contacts, and generate a QR code for others to scan.
- When you find a new athlete you want to follow, tap the orange Follow icon next to their name.
- Select Invite at the bottom of the screen to send invitations with your preferred messaging app.
Connect to Facebook and Your Contacts
- Connect your Facebook account to discover which of your Facebook friends are already on Strava. Learn more about connecting and sharing with other social apps.
- By adding your contacts, Strava will list contacts you already follow, suggest friends for you to follow based on contacts already on Strava, and show other contacts who are not on Strava.
Disconnecting and Removing Phone Contacts
- To disconnect your contacts:
- Open your phone's settings, scroll down to find Strava, and tap on it. There you can disable access to contacts.
- To remove contacts on Strava:
- From the Strava mobile app, open your settings from the icon in the upper right corner of the You tab.
- Select Contacts > toggle or click the box to turn off "Access to contacts."
- Please be aware that if you've never given Strava permission to access your phone's contact book, Strava does not have access to your contacts, and the settings won't apply to you.