Upload activities recorded with the Apple Workout App to Strava and automatically sync activities from Strava to the Health app.
Connecting Strava and the Apple Health App
- On the mobile app, open your settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home, Groups, or You tab. Select Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Select the plus sign icon.
- Tap Connect on the next screen.
- You'll be taken to the Health Access page where you can enable the sharing of data from Strava to Health. You can control which types of information Strava will read and write to Health. You must enable Workouts for the sharing of any data (cycling, running, calories, etc.) to work.
- After the initial setup, you can modify Strava's Health Access by going into the Health app and clicking on Sources > Strava.
Syncing from Strava to Health
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health and toggle Send to Health ON.
Strava will send data to Health such as route information, activity type, distance, time, and calories automatically. Please be aware that route information from third-party activities (Garmin, Zwift, etc.) will not sync to Health.
Syncing from Health to Strava
Please be aware that only activities recorded with the Apple Watch Workout app recorded within the past 30 days are able to sync to Strava. Activities uploaded to the Health app from a third party will not sync to Strava.
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > toggle Send to Health ON.
- Select the option to Import next to any activities you’d like to sync to your Strava account.
- If you’d like to be notified when there’s a workout ready to be uploaded, navigate to Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health and toggle Notifications for new workouts ON.
- Each time you open Strava, you’ll see an in-app notification (bell icon) if there’s a Health workout ready to be uploaded.
Strava activities not Syncing to Health?
You can try forcing the activities to sync by force closing the Health app and then scrolling through the "You" feed in the Strava app.