Automatic upload via Garmin Connect/Garmin Express
Activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ can be automatically synced to your Strava account. Use Garmin's Garmin Express software (or the Garmin Connect mobile app, if your device is Bluetooth-enabled) to upload your activity to Garmin Connect. Wait a few minutes, and it will automatically appear on Strava.
- Download and install Garmin Express.
- Add your device to Garmin Express.
- Create an account on Garmin Connect.
- Visit strava.com/upload/device.
- Find the Garmin section and click Get Started.
- Choose the Connect with Garmin option.
- Enter your Garmin Connect™ log-in credentials to authorize a link to Strava. If you don't already have a Garmin Connect™ account, you'll be prompted to create one. If you log in with a social network instead of an email and password, make sure you are currently logged in to Garmin Connect™ so that your information is auto-filled.
Once you've established this connection, any activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ will automatically sync to Strava within minutes. No need to wait on the upload page; the new activities will appear automatically. After your first upload, we'll even sync your past 30 days of Garmin Connect activity.
We suggest using Garmin Express to easily and seamlessly upload your activities from connected devices to Garmin Connect™. Should you need to disconnect your Garmin and Strava accounts for any reason, you can do this on your Settings page at strava.com/settings/profile. Note that you may also have to disconnect your accounts from the Garmin Connect side as well which can be found at http://connect.garmin.com/account.
Manual upload via File
Upload activities directly to Strava from your hard-drive mountable Garmin devices. No software or plug-in required! (NOTE: This option is not available for devices that use the ANT+ agent)
- Visit strava.com/upload/select.
- Click Choose file.
- Browse to the Activities folder on your connected device and select the .FIT files that you'd like to add.
Please visit this page for a list of supported GPS devices from Garmin and other manufacturers.
Check Garmin items out in our Strava Shop.