You can hide and unhide Segments to customize which segments will be visible to you throughout Strava.
*Please note that the Run activity pages do not have this feature, and instead use Starred Segments.
In segment-dense areas, it is too hard to display all segments on one ride, so we developed a segment popularity rating. Depending on the number of times a segment is viewed, that segment is either shown on the ride by default or "hidden" due to a low popularity rating.
The user has the ability to customize which segments are show on Activity Detail pages and which are not. By "Hiding" a segment, you vote to decrease its popularity and hide that segment on all of your activities. When you "Unhide" a segment, you increase its popularity rating and vote to show that segment on all of your activities. The overall popularity of a segment will determine whether it will be visible or hidden on your activity pages if you currently don't have preferences set for that segment.
It is important to note that Segment Achievements are only generated upon upload, and ONLY for unhidden segments. Segments that are marked "Hidden" on your Activity page upon upload will not receive any achievements.
To get achievements for a hidden segment:
- "Unhide" that segment
- Change the activity type to something else and then back again to the proper activity type (this triggers segments to be reset)
- Change your activity to private and then back to public
In order to hide segments:
- Hover over the segment row in the segments tab at the bottom of an activity
- A "Hide" button will appear in the rightmost area of the segment row
- Clicking "Hide" will prevent you from seeing this segment listed under any activity throughout the site
- To view all hidden segment for an activity, simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Show Hidden Segments".
- Navigate to the activity page that includes a hidden segment
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Show Hidden Segments".
- An "Unhide" button will appear in the rightmost area of the segment row when you mouse over a hidden segment
- Clicking "Unhide" will allow you to seeing this segment on all activity throughout the site