Strava subscribers can create personal heatmaps to visualize the ground they’ve covered around the world. To view a heatmap:
- From the Strava website, open the Dashboard tab and click on Heatmaps.
- Pick the sport group you would like to view a heatmap for. The following sport types will be included in each grouping:
- Ride: Ride, Handcycle, Wheelchair, Velomobile, E-Bike Ride
- Run: Run, Walk, Hike, Rock Climbing
- Water: Swim, Kitesurf, Windsurf, Kayaking, Rowing, Stand Up Paddling, Surfing, Canoeing
- Winter: Alpine Ski, Ice Skate, Backcountry Ski, Nordic Ski, Snowboard, Snowshoe, Winter Sport
- Choose whether you’d like to view all of your activities or activities from a specific year.
Activities with privacy controls set to "everyone" and "followers only" will be included in your heatmaps. Runs and rides with privacy controls set to "only you" will not be included in your heatmap. Any runs or rides within any privacy zones you've set will be hidden from your heatmaps. Your heatmaps can only be seen by you. There is no way to export or share your heatmaps from the Strava website, however, you may capture your own screenshots using your device’s built-in screen capture functionality.
Can I still access the heatmaps I previously saved?
Saved heatmaps will no longer be available after January 31st, 2021. If you wish to preserve your saved heatmaps, we suggest taking a screenshot of the map and saving the image file.