Strava gets even more fun when you find and invite friends. Following friends opens up a world of social interaction and gets the competitive spirit going.
- Select You from the bottom navigation menu and open your Profile. Tap the icon that looks like two people from your profile page.
- From this page, you can search by name with the magnifying glass icon and browse through suggested connections, Facebook friends, and friends from your phone's contacts.
- When you find a new athlete you want to follow, tap the orange Follow button next to their name.
- Select Invite Friends to send invitations with your preferred messaging app.
Connect your Facebook and Contacts
- Connect your Facebook account to discover which of your Facebook friends are already on Strava. Learn more about connecting and sharing with other social apps.
- By adding your contacts, Strava will list the ones you already follow, suggest friends for you to follow based on contacts already on Strava, and show other contacts who are not on Strava.
Disconnecting and Removing Phone Contacts
- To disconnect contacts book:
- Open your phone's settings and find the Strava app settings. There you should be able to disable access to your phone contacts by clicking on apps from your settings menu.
- To remove contacts on Strava:
- From the Strava mobile app, open your settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home, Groups, or You tab.
- Tap Contacts and uncheck the "Contact Sync Enabled" option.
- Please be aware that if you've never given Strava permission to access your phone's contact book, Strava does not have access to your contacts, and the setting wouldn't apply to you.