Mio and Strava have partnered to bring Strava segments to your Cyclo device.
- Linking your accounts
- Selecting segments
- On your Cyclo device
- More information on this topic
- Compatible Mio Cyclo devices:
- Cyclo 310
- Cyclo 315 HC
- Cyclo 315
- Cyclo 500
- Cyclo 505
- Cyclo 505 HC
- MioShare account
- Strava subscription
- Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities
Linking your accounts
For more information, please read our uploading from Mio article.
- Go to http://www.mioshare.com/setting/sync.
- Select the option to Link my Account.
- Enter your Strava account information.
- Segments should show up on your Cyclo automatically the next time you sync your device with CycloAgent.
All of your starred segments will show up automatically in the Strava Live Segments folder on your device. If you star another one on the Strava website or mobile app, it will load on your device the next time you sync with CycloAgent. You can star segments almost anywhere you can view them.
If you set a goal on a segment, it will load onto your device as well, along with an effort representing your goal time
On your Cyclo Device
You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts
During the segment, you can choose which effort to be compared against. You will always be able to select the KOM/QOM, and you could also have your PR, your goal, or the time from a friend who’s a little faster than you. The default priority is as follows:
- Goal (If you have one set for the segment)
- Rival (Next person above you that you're following on the leaderboard)
You will be notified when you complete the segment, and whether you beat the time you were competing against - but Strava.com is the final word.
- On your device, you can also temporarily disable individual segments or the entire live segments experience, or permanently delete some or all segments from your device. This will not affect your starred segments or anything else in your Strava account.
A couple of things to note:
- Live Segments are only available for riding and running activities.
- Segments must be activated on your Mio Cyclo device.
- The device must be in recording mode.
- Notifications for segments need to be activated on the device.
- You must use a bicycle profile.
- We do not sync downhill segments to devices for Strava Live Segments. Please keep in mind that our system recognizes even the slightest negative grade so there may be segments that display a 0% grade that is considered downhill and therefore will not sync to devices.
Why is my segment time different after I upload it than it was on my Cyclo?
Mio Cyclo devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the Cyclo during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if the GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real-time.