Many athletes are experiencing syncing issues as a result of a significant worldwide GPS change that happened at midnight on April 6. You can read about the change here. If your device's manufacturer did not release a software update to account for this change, your recordings may have failed to sync to Strava OR synced with the year of 1999. If you experienced syncing issues:
- Check to see if the activity's year is 1999. Log on to Strava from a computer and select Training > My Activities. Toggle the date filter so that your activities are sorted by oldest to newest.
- If you do not see activities from 1999, please try exporting the activity from your device or 3rd party platform and manually uploading it to your Strava account using the instructions here.
- The Activity Uploads Successfully but you do not see it in your feed. The date of the activity is reverted to the year 1999 due to GPS roll over.
- The Uploads Shows a Future Time Code Error. The file is set for a future time which prevents the activity from uploading successfully.
- The Uploads Shows a data error. The activities GPS that was recorded has numerous time code errors which has caused the activity to show as empty.
Unfortunately, we cannot fix activities with the year 1999 nor can we fix files that fail to upload altogether. Moving forward, please check to see if your device has any available software updates.