Strava subscribers can opt to use enhanced map styles on a per-activity basis to highlight a particular activity attribute. The activity’s polyline will be displayed as a gradient of color based on the chosen data. Add one of the following hashtags to your activity title or description in order to trigger the corresponding map style:
- #PaceMap or #SpeedMap: Higher speed/lower pace will be a darker blue.
- #HeartrateMap: Higher heart rate will be a darker red.
- #Elevationmap: Lower absolute elevation will be black and higher elevation will be yellow.
- #GradientMap: Descents will be yellow and inclines will be red.
- #PowerMap: Higher power will be darker purple. Please be aware this map treatment is not available for activities with estimated power.
- #TimeMap: Longer elapsed time will be a darker red.
- #TemperatureMap: Higher temperatures will be a darker red.
Are these activity lines available to all athletes?
Only Strava subscribers can add #statmaps to their activities but all athletes will be able to see them in their feed.
Is there a legend or key that indicates what each color means?
There’s no legend available on the activity page at this time. You can reference the section above to learn more about how the data is illustrated by the different color gradients.