You have the ability to hide portions of your activity map from other Strava athletes. You also have the option to set a default preference so that your activities automatically upload with this preference and/or you can change the visibility on individual activities.
Keep in mind that map visibility does not replace your activity privacy controls. Only athletes that have permission to see your activity will be able to see what is shown in orange and anything shown in grey is visible to only you.
Visible to you
Visible to other athletes
Changing your Default Preferences
- On the website, hover over your profile picture in the top right and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Select Privacy Controls from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Look for Map Visibility under “Additional Controls”
- On the mobile app, open your settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Home, Groups, or You tab.
- Select Privacy Controls > Edit Map Visibility.
Use the options below to customize how much of the start or end of an activity is hidden up to a 1-mile radius or hide the entire map. You will not be matched to any segments within the hidden portion of the activity, however, your full activities will still count towards challenges.
- Option 1: Enter an address to hide the portion of any past or future activity that starts or ends nearby. This selection will apply to all past and present activities.
- Option 2: Hide the start and end of all activities regardless of where they start or end. This selection will only apply to future activities.
- Option 3: Hide the entire map. This selection will only apply to future activities.
Adjusting Individual Activities
On either the Strava mobile app or website, open the activity you wish to adjust and select the ellipses icon (from the upper right-hand corner on the app and left-hand side on the website).
- Select Edit Map Visibility.
- Use the sliders to specify the portion you would like to hide or enable the option to Hide Entire Map.