Strava includes recent public activities on suggested routes of all sport types to help members of the Strava community gather more information about the route they plan on taking. These activities can provide more information about recent route conditions, variations on the route, completion time, popularity, and much more.
How it Works
Strava subscribers can open the Maps tab from the bottom navigation menu of the Strava mobile app and select Routes. Explore the map and tap on nearby start points and trail networks to view a list of suggested routes. Tap See Details on the relevant route and scroll down to view a list of Recent Activities that have followed the route.
Right now, Recent Activities can only be found on select Strava-generated Routes.
Which Activities Are Shared With the Community
Activities that meet all of the following criteria may appear on routes:
- The corresponding activity’s privacy controls are set to ‘Everyone’ or ‘Followers’. If the controls are set to Followers, only athletes who follow you will be able to view your activities on the route details page.
- The corresponding activity owner’s profile page privacy controls are set to ‘Everyone’ or ‘Followers’. If the controls are set to ‘Followers, only athletes who follow you will be able to see your activities on the route details page.
- The activity is not muted.
- The activity matches at least 85% of the route.
- The activity does not belong to an athlete you have blocked, or who has blocked you.