You can add videos and photos any time after completing an activity on Strava. We expect all Strava athletes to honor the Strava Community Standards and this expectation applies to videos and photos you share with our community.
- Videos up to 30 seconds long are supported. If your video is longer than 30 seconds and you want to choose which 30 seconds are included, we recommend cropping your videos within your camera roll. Otherwise, videos longer than 30 seconds will be automatically cropped to the first 30 seconds.
- Portrait, panoramic, landscape, and square aspect ratios are all supported.
- There is no limit on the number of videos or photos you can attach to your activity. However, activities on the mobile app will only display six while the web will show 12.
Uploading Videos and Photos
From the Strava mobile app
- Open the activity you wish to edit to and tap the ellipsis icon > Edit Activity. Videos and photos can also be added prior to saving an activity recorded with our mobile app.
- Tap the Upload Image icon. Navigate to your phone's media library to find any videos and/or photos you wish to upload.
- Tap on all the videos and photos you wish to upload then tap Add.
- When you are ready to publish the activity, tap Update Activity or Save at the bottom.
From the Strava website
- Open the activity you wish to edit and select the pencil icon.
- Click within the box towards the bottom of the page under Media.
- Select the image stored locally on your computer and click Open. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files into the photo box.
- When you are ready to publish the edits, click Save in the upper right corner of the edit activity window.
Managing Videos and Photos
From the activity edit screen, you can select a highlight image, delete videos or photos, or add additional media.
- You can choose which video or photo will appear as the highlighted image for the activity. From the edit activity screen, just long-press to click the desired thumbnail, and the option to 'Set as Highlight Video or Photo' will appear. The selected media will then be underlined in orange.
- On the Strava Website, you can drag and drop media to change the order that it will appear. This option is also available on the Strava mobile app by selecting Edit Media on the activity edit screen.
- To remove a video or photo from an activity, tap or click the media you wish to remove and select Delete from the edit activity screen.
My videos and photos are not appearing in the order in which I uploaded them to my activity.
We are experiencing an issue that is causing videos and photos to appear in random order instead of the order they were updated in. We apologize for any inconvenience as we work to resolve this issue.
Can I stop videos from automatically playing in my feed?
Yes, you control this option from either the mobile app or website. Any changes made will be applied to both platforms.
- From the mobile app, open your settings from the icon in the upper right corner of the You tab. Scroll down and toggle the “Autoplay Video” option OFF (it will no longer be highlighted orange).
- From the Strava website, hover over your profile picture in the upper right corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu. Select Display Preferences from the menu on the left-hand side. Toggle “Autoplay Video” OFF (it will no longer be highlighted green).
Information about submitting a claim of trademark or copyright infringement can be found here.