Strava will send the time, distance, and calories of GPS-based activities to Google Fit and will receive weight from Google Fit. This integration is only supported on the Strava Android app.
Automatically Syncing Your Strava Activities to Google Fit
Before getting started, you will want to ensure you have the Google Fit app installed on your mobile device and signed into the preferred Google account you would like to use for Google Fit.
- On the Strava mobile app, tab Settings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Google Fit.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Google Fit account.
- You can confirm if your Strava account is successfully connected to Google Fit by opening your Google Fit app, and going to Profile > Settings > Manage Connected Apps. You should see Strava listed under your connected apps.
Activity details will be sent to Google Fit only when the data is downloaded from the server. This happens when scrolling through the feed on the Strava app. If you want to get historical Strava activity data into Google Fit, you must scroll back to your 'Me' feed in the app. If you want Google Fit to have the calories from a given activity, you'll need to tap into the activity to view the activity details.
Activities Not Syncing to Google Fit?
It's important to note that Strava will send activity time, distance, and calories to Google Fit, however, these details will be sent to Google Fit only when the data is downloaded from the server.
If you are having difficulties with activities syncing from Strava to Google fit there are a few things you can try:
- First, open your Strava app on your mobile device and go to the "You" Feed. Scroll through your recent activities to make sure they are loaded and displayed on your feed.
- Then, open your Google Fit app on your mobile device and go to the Journal tab. On the Journal tab tap on the refresh button in the top right corner. It may take a few moments for the activities to appear on the Google Fit history.
If you find that your activity has not synced to Google Fit after using the steps above, it will be necessary to edit the activity on Strava in order to trigger the sync action. Once you save the activity again it should push over to Google Fit.
Article is closed for comments.