We’ve worked with expert coaches to develop ten customizable 4-week training plans in select languages, each intended to optimize your performance on a different type of segment.
- Customize your training plan based on the number of hours you’d like to train per week.
- All plans start on a Monday and end four weeks (28 days) later.
- Each plan follows a 5-workout-per-week format, with workouts on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, longer rides on Saturday and Sunday, and rest days on Monday and Friday.
- Workouts will be delivered directly to your inbox the afternoon before the workout.
How It Works
Training plans are included with a subscription to Strava. Please note that Training Plans are currently offered in English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Visit the Strava website and log in to your account.
- Access Training Plans under the Training menu on your dashboard.
- Click View details to find out more about each plan and Start plan to begin.
- After starting your training plan, you will not need to log back into Strava via the website, as you will receive workout information directly in your inbox. You will receive an email confirmation of your entry into the plan within minutes, and your first workout will be delivered the afternoon before the scheduled start date.
How should I choose a plan?
Look at your most recent efforts if you've got a segment in mind. Choose the plan that best matches your recent or best average times, as the plan times are based on current ability and not target time. For example, if you typically climb a local hill at 5:30, you should probably choose the Six Minute Climb plan option to help you improve.
Over the past 14 years, CTS and its coaches have helped more than 15,000 amateur and professional athletes achieve their performance goals. They’ve long been pioneers in the endurance coaching industry — their coaches have set the standard for professionalism, service, and expertise.
The organization’s coaches are relied upon as experts by leading brands and media outlets worldwide, including USA Triathlon, Kurt Kinetic, Outside Magazine, the Amgen Tour of California, and the USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
In addition to personalized coaching services and training camps, CTS has produced a wide variety of indoor cycling videos and several books, including best-in-class books like “The Time-Crunched Cyclist” and “The Time-Crunched Triathlete.”
Countless Strava athletes with great success have used these materials. With Training Plans for Cyclists, we’re taking CTS’ proven strategy and making it inherently accessible to all Strava subscribers.
I didn't get today's email. Can you resend it?
If you're currently part of a plan, you will see two buttons on the Training Plan web page. These buttons will allow you to re-send emails (today's workout and tomorrow's workout) if the one you expected did not appear.
Can I pause a plan? Can I re-start a plan in the middle?
We do not currently support "pausing" an ongoing plan. If you decide to opt out of a plan, you'll have to re-start that plan from the beginning.
What if I miss a workout or need to do a specific workout on a different day?
The workouts are sent to you daily and are designed to be done in the order they are received, but we understand that life often gets in the way. Feel free to re-arrange your days or skip days (but not too many!) as you see fit — you'll have everything you need in your inbox, so you can always go back and revisit past days.
What happened to the Gran Fondo training plans?
Gran Fondo's training plans are no longer part of the offering from CTS. New CTS training plans will be added in the future that we hope will suit your training needs.