You can share your details about your Strava activity to social apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Most social apps that you have installed on your phone will support this sharing feature.
Linking Your Accounts:
- Login to www.strava.com, then go to your Settings on the drop-down menu under your name in the top right.
- To the right of your Settings page, you'll see a box labeled "Social Connections" on the right-hand side.
- When you click "Connect with Facebook," etc. you will be asked to authorize Strava to use the specific social account.
- From your mobile device, select an activity you’d like to share.
- You can share any activity (including stationary activities or manually created activities,) however, only activities recorded with GPS will include a map or image with stats.
- Click the share icon in your feed or activity view.
- If you’ve attached photos to your activity, you will be prompted to select what you’d like to share (a map or photo). If you don’t have any photos uploaded to your activity, you will be able to share the map image. We’ll add relevant stats to your shared image.
- Next, choose where you’d like to share this activity. You can share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other apps that you use that have sharing functionality. You can also share the image in a text message or email.
- Please be aware that only GPS-based activities can be shared on Instagram.
|iOS share icon||Android share icon|
Is this available on the website?
It's not possible to share activities in this style from the website at this time.
What units and language will my post use?
Your post will display in your units of choice (within Strava) and the language to which your phone is set.
Can I customize what statistics I share?
At this time we only share your moving time, distance, and elevation for rides and distance, moving time, and pace for runs and swims.
Will these activities get added to my Facebook Fitness section?
No, activities shared through the mobile app do not use Open Graph sharing and consequently won't be included in the Fitness section on your Facebook page.
Where can I learn more about Facebook sharing?
You can learn about automatically sharing activities to Facebook, where activities will appear in the feed, among other topics in this article.