Sigma and Strava have partnered to bring Strava Live Segments to your ROX device.
- Sigma ROX 7.0 or 11.0 cycling computer
- Sigma Data Center software
- Strava Premium
Linking your accounts
- Install SIGMA DATA CENTER on your computer
- Start the SIGMA DATA CENTER
- Connect your ROX GPS Device to it
- Click Menu in the top right
- Click 'Login' next to Strava logo
- Enter your Strava account information and the accounts will be linked.
For more information, step-by-step instructions can be found here.
Your starred segments will show up automatically in the Strava Live Segments folder on your ROX after you connect your accounts (limited to 100 segments). If you star another segment on Strava.com or in the mobile app, it will load on your device the next time you sync your device with DATA CENTER. You can star segments almost anywhere you can view them.
If you set a goal on a segment, it will load onto your device as well, along with an effort representing your goal time.
On your ROX device
You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts.
You will always be able to select the KOM/QOM, and you could also have your PR, your goal, or the time from a friend who’s a little faster than you.
You will be notified when you complete the segment, and whether you beat the time you were competing against - but Strava.com has the final word.
- On your device, you can also temporarily disable individual segments or the entire live segments experience, or permanently delete some or all segments from your device. This will not affect your starred segments or anything else in your Strava account.
Why is my segment time different after I upload than it was on my ROX device?
Sigma ROX devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the device during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real time.