Tips for correcting an activity's incorrect date or start time:
- Check your profile settings and make sure your location is set properly. This can affect what timezone is registered on your Strava account. Activities recorded indoors with no GPS data will default to the timezone of the location listed on your profile.
- Check the Strava website to view the activity's total elapsed time. If the total elapsed time is a very large number, then the GPS device has recorded data on different days. If two activities are recorded together as one, use the split activity tool. Or, if only a few points at the beginning or end of your file have the wrong date, consider trimming this data with the activity crop tool.
- Garmin devices are known to malfunction by recording some part of the activity in the future. You can find more information on how to correct the error here.
- To manually correct the activity's date, export the GPX file from Strava, open it in a text editor, and find and replace all the incorrect dates with the correct dates.
- If you're recording with the Strava mobile app, check that you have the clock set to update automatically.