The Strava app can provide real-time audio feedback on segment performance (for runs and rides) as well as split time updates (for runs only).
To enable Audio Announcements
- Navigate to the record screen using the circular record button (center of the bottom toolbar)
- Tap on the settings icon (highlighted below)
- Tap on 'Audio Cues'
- From here, you can set Audio Announcements to off, every half mile or kilometer, or every full mile or kilometer (depending on the units of measure set in your preferences).
- The "Live Segment Performance" is a Summit feature and gives you real-time updates on segment results while recording.
- At this point, simply use Strava as normal during your recording; you'll receive periodic updates about your time and pace over your phone's speaker or your headphones.
Not Hearing Audio Announcements?
- Try reinstalling the Strava app and restarting your phone.
- Double-check that your audio announcements settings are still enabled. Occasionally, your recording settings will be reset if you log out of the Strava app.
- Ensure that your media volume, not just your ringer volume, is turned up to an audible level.
- Android phones often have three or four settings for volume. Try turning them all up.
- iPhones have a control center where you can control media volume. To access the control center on iPhone X and later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen. On other models, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- On Android phones, check your Text To Speech language options and confirm the preferred engine matches your system's language preference.