Automatically Sync with Garmin Connect
- From the Garmin Connect mobile app:
- If your Garmin device is Bluetooth-enabled, you can download the Garmin Connect mobile app, create a Garmin Connect account, and link to your Strava account by going to Settings > 3rd Party Apps > Strava.
- Once activities are wirelessly uploaded to the app via Bluetooth, they will appear on Strava a few moments later.
- After your first upload, Garmin will also sync your past 90 days of activity to Strava.
- Using Garmin Express:
- To upload using your computer, download and install Garmin Express and follow instructions to add your device.
- On the Strava website, visit strava.com/upload/device and find the Garmin option to authorize a link to Strava.
- Once you've established this connection, any new activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ will automatically sync to Strava. After your first upload, Garmin will also sync your past 90 days of activity to Strava.
How to stop automatic syncing with Garmin Connect:
How to manually upload an activity file to Strava:
Upload activities directly to Strava from your hard-drive mountable Garmin devices. Browse to the Activities folder on your connected device and select the files that you'd like to add. Note that this option is not available for devices that use the ANT+ agent. Alternatively, you can export files from Garmin Connect. Visit strava.com/upload/select and click Choose file.
What do I do if Garmin data is not Syncing to Strava?
- If you recently connected your Garmin account to Strava, wait until your first new activity is synced successfully. This can be performed with a short test activity that is later deleted. After your first successful sync, Garmin will also sync your past 90 days of activity to Strava.
- We experience occasional delays when syncing from Garmin's side, especially during peak upload times. You can check whether Garmin Sync is working by checking out their status page and referring to the "Strava" status (6th from the bottom). The Strava status page also displays uploads from Garmin Connect. To avoid the wait, you can use the file upload option directly from your device or export the .TCX file from Garmin connect and upload manually. If uploading the file yields an error message, for example, "bad time data," the file may be incompatible with Strava as is.
- To refresh the connection between Garmin Connect and Strava, disconnect Garmin Sync from your Strava settings, then reconnect. To disconnect, visit Settings in the mobile app or website, and select "disconnect". To reconnect, follow the authorization flow after selecting connect. Remember, Garmin sync is not triggered until the first new activity is uploaded to Garmin after your accounts are reconnected.