Strava subscribers can create personal heatmaps to visualize the ground they’ve covered around the world. To view a heatmap:
- From the Strava website, open the Dashboard tab and click on Heatmaps.
- Pick the sport group you would like to view a heatmap for. The following sport types will be included in each grouping:
- Ride: Ride, Handcycle, Wheelchair, Velomobile, E-Bike Ride
- Run: Run, Walk, Hike, Rock Climbing
- Water: Swim, Kitesurf, Windsurf, Kayaking, Rowing, Stand Up Paddling, Surfing, Canoeing
- Winter: Alpine Ski, Ice Skate, Backcountry Ski, Nordic Ski, Snowboard, Snowshoe, Winter Sport
- Choose whether you’d like to view all of your activities or activities from a specific year.
- You can control whether or not you'd like to include activities with privacy controls set to "only one", portions of your activities recorded in your privacy zones, or activities tagged as commutes.
Your heatmaps can only be seen by you. There is no way to export or share your heatmaps from the Strava website, however, you may capture your own screenshots using your device’s built-in screen capture functionality.