Strava can help you track how much you use your favorite gear.
- From your account on the Strava website, hover over the menu in the upper right corner and select Settings. My Gear will appear as an option on the left side of the page.
- Click 'Add Bike' or 'Add Running Shoes'.
- Give your bike a name and then choose the type. Enter the weight, brand, and model as well as any notes you want to add. Strava uses your bike's weight to calculate power.
- Select the shoe brand from the list and then add any additional information such as the model, nickname, and notes. If your shoe brand is not on the list, contact us with your request.
- Click the radio button for whichever gear you want to be your default gear. Any ride or run uploaded will automatically default to this gear. You can manually change your gear at any time.
- Hover over the specific Gear entry to see options to Retire or Delete. Retiring will leave the bike or shoes on your list, but they will no longer show as an option for any activity.
Adding bike components:
Once you’ve added a bike, you can add components to keep a detailed log of every part of your bike:
- Click on the name of the bike you wish to add components to and click Add Component on the right.
- Select the Component Type from the list.
- Then enter the Brand, Model, and weight (you can estimate the weight if you don’t know it.)
- You can keep detailed track of mileage for each component and even edit dates as you replace and/or upgrade.
- Designate when the component was Added On by selecting Since Beginning, Today or you can select a Date.
- Add any Notes you wish for this component and click 'Save.'
Why can't I add my Brooks model to the list?
Due to our partnership with Brooks, new models must be added from the backend. Please proceed with submitting a support a ticket.
Can people who aren't following me see my gear (e.g. which bike I used) and the time of my ride or run?
No. Your gear and time of ride/run are only displayed to people who are following you.