Your gender selection will not appear on your profile page but is used to determine how you appear on filtered segment leaderboards. Keep in mind that your activity privacy controls determine whether activities will appear on segment leaderboards regardless of gender selection.
How to Update Your Gender Setting
- From the Strava website:
- Hover over your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Hover over the Gender field and click the pencil icon to make your selection.
- Click Save when you’re finished.
- From the Strava mobile app:
- Open the You tab from the bottom navigation menu and tap Edit Profile.
- Tap the “Gender” under “Athlete Information” and scroll to make your selection.
- Tap OK to close the selection window and then Save.
Please be aware that if you change your gender setting, only segment efforts recorded after the change will reflect the new selection. For example, if you change your gender setting from male to female, segment efforts that were recorded prior to the change would remain on men’s specific leaderboards, but all segment efforts recorded after the change will appear on women’s specific leaderboards.
Leaderboard Filters and Achievements
The full segment leaderboards available to Strava subscribers can be filtered by gender. Learn more about how to filter segment leaderboards here and the achievements that can be earned on segments here.
- Regardless of gender selection, all athletes are eligible for all-time leaderboards and will be eligible for the Course Record (CR) achievement for both cycling and non-cycling leaderboards.
- Athletes who have their gender marked as male are eligible for men’s specific leaderboards and the King of the Mountain (KOM) achievement on cycling leaderboards.
- Athletes who have their gender marked as female are eligible for women’s specific leaderboards and the Queen of the Mountain (QOM) achievement on cycling leaderboards.
Article is closed for comments.